Highfield is a charming bed and breakfast hidden away in the small hamlet of Priestcliffe near Taddington right in the heart of the Peak District.
A stay at Highfield is a truly relaxing experience. and guests often comment on the peace and quiet here. Sleep soundly in our large, soft beds and wake refreshed for a home-cooked breakfast.
The highlight of Highfield is the garden. Take a wander down the path among the many flowerbeds. There’s always something interesting to investigate in the greenhouse. Or for the more adventurous, take in the beautiful local scenery on a walk around the National Park.
We moved to Priestcliffe fourteen years ago and instantly fell in love with the calm and tranquillity of the area. Since then we have completely renovated the house and garden and now invite you to come and stay with us in our rural haven. We are both keen walkers and will happily recommend local routes for the experienced hiker and novice alike. The Monsal Trail goes through Millers Dale and the Limestone Way is close by.
Enjoy our traditional English breakfast
• Fruit Juice
• Cereals, yoghurt and freshly prepared fruit
• Individual breakfast cooked to order (egg, bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, black pudding, beans). Eggs can be fried, poached, boiled, scrambled or omelette of your choice. Just ask us.
• Toast and home made preserves
• Tea or Coffee (decaffeinated coffee and herbal teas available)
Our bread is made on the premises with flour from a local mill.
Continental breakfast can be requested when booking.
Packed lunches and evening meals are also available on request.
Both of our spacious bedrooms are on the ground floor, with direct access to the garden via patio doors. Rooms feature tea and coffee making facilities, a hair dryer and plenty of local information and maps
• En-suite shower room
• King sized bed
• En-suite shower room
• Twin beds
Room 1 - Double en-suite, ground floor with garden access and views. £65.00 per room, per night, bed and breakfast
Room 2 - Twin en-suite, ground floor with garden access and views. £60.00 per room, per night bed and breakfast
Single occupancy: £40.00 per room, per night
Credit cards are not accepted.
Cash or Cheques payable to Margaret Slack
No pets or smokers please.
Highfield Bed and Breakfast is located 3 miles from Ashford-in-the-water and only 6 miles from both Buxton and Bakewell, easily accessible from the A6.
The house is ideally situated for walkers and nature lovers.
Nearby you will find:
• Buxton for the Spring water and Poole’s Cavern and the Opera House
• Bakewell famous for it’s Bakewell pudding
• Dove dale and the river Dove
• Limestone Way
• Matlock Bath, Gulliver’s Theme Park/The Heights of Abraham
• Chatsworth House and Farm Shop
• Pennine Way
• Haddon Hall
• The National Tramway Museum at Crich
• The Derwent Valley Heritage Way
• Castleton Caves, Blue John, Trek Cliff etc.
• National Trust: Hardwick Hall, Kedleston Hall
• English Heritage: Bolsover Castle, Hardwick Old Hall, Peveril Castle
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top