Stoop Farm - Buxton
Stoop Farm is a traditional, family farm in the heart of the Peak District. Bez (my husband) is the third generation of his family to farm this land. As well as approximately 1000 sheep we have 17 geese, 11 hens, 2 cockerels and 4 collie dogs.
We provide luxury bed & breakfast accommodation in our traditional stone barn adjoining the farmhouse. There are 2 double en-suite rooms and 1 twin en-suite room, plus we have 2 sofa beds for additional guests.
Our breakfasts are delicious and we offer a wide choice each morning, using high quality, locally sourced ingredients.
Breakfast is served in the Dining Room between 7am and 9.30am.
• Full Derbyshire Cooked Breakfast
• (2rashers bacon, 1 sausage, 1 fried egg, Derbyshire oatcake, roasted cherry tomatoes, portabello mushroom) - vegetarian option available
• scrambled eggs with Scottish smoked salmon
• porridge served with stewed plums
• portabello mushrooms on toast
• New York Bagel with Nutella and banana
• roasted cherry tomato omelette
• New York Bagel filled with cream cheese and smoked salmon
Our sausages are made from pork reared by Sue Jackson who farms at New House Farm, The Wash. This is a small traditional family farm about 9 miles from here. The eggs we use for breakfast are from our own few hens that you will see roaming around the farm (occasionally we don’t have enough of our own so we then use local free range eggs from Mere Farm in Earl Sterndale)
When renovating the stone barn we decided to install a ground source heat pump which provides all the heating and hot water for the barn in an environmentally sustainable way.
We are in an idyllic location which is very private and peaceful, a wonderful place to relax and unwind or alternatively to enjoy the many outdoor pursuits or visit the many attractions in and around the Peak District. There are many walks to local villages/ pubs/craft centre, directly from the barn. If you’re a cyclist we can offer cleaning facilities and safe storage for your bicycles. Guests can also use the boot room to store dirty walking boots and dry their wet outdoor clothes.
There are an abundance of many interesting walks nearby and it is a few minutes’ walk from the Heritage Way.
The Farm is ideally situated for all parts of the Peak District especially...Buxton, Bakewell, Ashbourne, Matlock and Matlock Bath, Castleton alongside easy reach to...
• Carsington Water
• The High Peak Trail/The Tissington Trail/The Derwent Valley Heritage Way/The Pennine Way/ Monsal Trail
• Dovedale/ Wye Dale/ Chee Dale/ Millers Dale/ Monsal Dale
• Poole’s Cavern/Blue John Cavern/Speedwell Cavern
• Alton Towers/Gulliver’s Theme Park/The Heights of Abraham
• Chatsworth House
• Tissington Hall
• Haddon Hall
• The National Tramway Museum at Crich
• Masson Mills/Peak Village Shopping Village
• Wirksworth Heritage Centre and Ecclesbourne Valley Railway
• Gulliver’s Kingdom and Peak rail Steam railway
• National Trust: Calke Abbey, Hardwick Hall, Kedleston Hall
• English Heritage: Bolsover Castle, Hardwick Old Hall, Peveril Castle, Castleton
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top