The Church Inn - Nr Buxton
The Church Inn is a 17th century pub offering home cooked food and real ales served in a warm and friendly atmosphere nestling in the heart of the Peak District between the market towns of Buxton and Bakewell. It forms the ideal location for both business and holiday makers alike.
You will now find the bar warm and welcoming, freshly decorated with a warmly tiled floor, a roaring fire and many old features carefully preserved. We have an excellent range of hand-pulled beers, draught and bottled lagers, a carefully selected range of wines and a full range of spirits.
We are members of CAMRA and are Cask Marque accredited.
There is a quiz every Monday night and you are all most welcome to come along and test your general knowledge whilst sampling one of our 5 traditional real ales.
Monday – Thursday 12noon - 3:30pm 6pm - 11pm
Friday, Saturday & Sunday 12noon - 12midnight
We have three double bedrooms and one twin bedroom which is equipped with two single beds. All are newly fitted out and tastefully furnished with pine furniture, and all have an en-suite shower room equipped with toilet, washbasin and shower. All rooms have colour televisions and tea and coffee making facilities.
Breakfast is served in a dedicated guests' breakfast room, where we offer both English and Continental Breakfasts, using local ingredients wherever possible.
The 4 star accommodation is in a separate annex, not located above the pub, and outside there is a small sheltered patio for guests' use - a lovely spot to sit and relax on a warm summer's evening.
There is off-street car parking located behind the Church Inn.
At the Church Inn we offer a varied menu and a pleasant and comfortable dining area, where you can eat and drink in comfort.
Our menu has a range of English, Continental and World dishes, plus Fish dishes, Vegetarian options and salads. There are also daily specials and a good range of starters and sweets.
We have a carefully selected range of wines a la carte, which are available by the bottle or by the glass. The selection includes new World and Old World wines and all are competitively priced.
Food is served daily;
Monday – Thursday 12noon – 2:30pm 6pm – 8:30pm
Friday, Saturday & Sunday 12noon – 9pm
Bookings are now being taken for Christmas. Our Christmas Menu below will be available from 5th December to 24th December for Lunchtime and in the Evening.
2 course + coffee and mince pies - £14.50
3 course + coffee & mince pies - £17.95
• Homemade white onion & stilton soup with a crusty bread roll.
• Smoked salmon and cream cheese pate with salad & melba toast.
• Stuffed mushrooms with duck pate, deep fried in batter and served with salad & homemade chutney.
• Warm fruit cocktail – Grapefruit, orange, sultana & pineapple topped with rum and brown sugar.
• Prawn cocktail served with brown bread and butter.
• Roast turkey with all the seasonal trimmings.
• Beef braised in guiness with apricot and horseradish dumpling.
• Sliced breast of duck with plum and port sauce.
• Fillet of sea bass on a bed of spinach with tomato and herb sauce.
• Vegetable en croute – mixed vegetables & mozzarella wrapped in puff pastry served with a wild mushroom and brandy sauce.
• A selection of sweets or cheese & biscuits.
• Coffee and homemade mince pies.
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top