Shallow Grange Farm Nr Buxton
Discover beautiful and peaceful Peak District views with easily accessible local walking and rambling.
Stroll through our Natural England Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI). Enjoy the luxury of our state of the art shower/toilet block with under floor heating and air conditioning, primarily solar powered! This is a working sheep farm with a low carbon footprint. Looking for a green camping/caravanning holiday? You've found it at Shallow Grange.
We have a flat, well drained field for tourers and tents. Electrical hookups are available which must be booked in advance. There is additional space available for rallies and one off events. Fishing for experienced anglers with their own equipment is also available.
We offer modern, well equipped and environmentally efficient shower and toilet facilities.
We are predominantly a working farm, so if you are expecting a site with a bar, a games room, a shop, a children's playground, and a swimming pool, then this is probably not the place for you.
Large rowdy groups, stag and hen parties and noisy drinking sessions are not welcome at Shallow Grange.
Whilst families are welcome, we must point out that we do not have any entertainment facilities for children on site, and therefore expect parents to keep their children under control at all times.
Dogs are welcome on site - provided their owners are well trained!
In order to maintain the site in safe and good condition, cars are parked separately and away from the pitches in wet conditions.
A fully refurbished and eco friendly shower block.
We hope you'll enjoy using our new shower facilities as part of an environmentally guilt-free holiday, when staying at Shallow Grange. This upgrade gave us the opportunity to create something far more comfortable and functional for our guests, as well as bringing about a host of environmental benefits. Here are a few of the highlights:
• 12 square metres of solar panels on the roof, saving tonnes of Co2 every year
• Low energy LED lighting - 90% more efficient than standard bulbs
• Low flush toilets (less than half the water of a standard loo)
• Under floor heating, using stored solar energy wherever possible
• A heat recovery ventilation system, re-using 90% of waste heat
• A high efficiency boiler system as a backup
• Dyson airblade dryers
• Rain water harvesting system to flush the toilets.
NEW FOR 2012
• 54 panels of photo-voltaic cells producing up to 10kwh electricity which will supply you with truly green electricity for onsite use.
• Renovated washing-up & laundry facilities.
• Improved disabled facilities
• Freezer available for ice packs. (Ask at Reception for details)
Experienced anglers with their own equipment are invited to use the pond.
The pond is approximately 65sqm in area & 1.6m deep.
It has twelve pegs, and is well stocked with roach, perch, tench, mirror carp, crucian carp & ghost carp.
Fishing is available all season for £7.00 per peg per day or £4.00 per peg for up to 4 hours.
No barbed hooks, keep nets or live bait are allowed, & children under 14 years must be accompanied.
How to find us
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top