Hopton Hall Holiday Cottages - Matlock
Set in the picturesque Derbyshire Dales and on the edge of the Peak District National Park, Hopton Hall sits at the hub of 30 acres of grounds. The courtyard of listed stables has been transformed and newly refurbished to create these four very comfortable, individually styled cottages. Designed to retain many original features, they enjoy shared use of a range of facilities, including an indoor heated swimming pool. Two of the properties have their own private gardens. The grounds include an area of woodland for visitors' use and a paddock with seating and barbecue tables, football and volleyball nets, a children's play area with swings, slide and climbing frame. Horse riding, clay pigeon shooting and golf are available nearby. At Carsington Water, virtually adjoining the property, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing and fishing can be enjoyed.
Gardener's Cottage - sleeps 8+cot
• The ground floor consists of a twin bedded room with sitting area, a colour TV; a large double bedded room with en-suite shower, WC and washbasin; a twin bedded room, WC and a separate bathroom with over bath shower and washbasin.
• Upstairs you will find the sitting room, modern fitted kitchen and dining area, a large double bedroom with en-suite bathroom/WC.
Butler's Quarters - sleeps 8 + 2 cots
• Ground floor consists of sitting room, modern fitted kitchen and dining area. There is a separate shower room with WC and washbasin.
• First floor - two double-bedded rooms each with separate bathroom, WC and basin. There is also a twin-bedded room with en-suite shower, basin and WC, a second twin-bedded room, and a nursery room.
The Granary - sleeps 14 + cot
• Ground floor - Comfortable living room, dining room to seat 22 and well equipped adjoining kitchen. Two bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin) each with en-suite shower/WC.
• First floor - twin bedded room with en-suite WC, small bath and over bath shower; double bedded room with en-suite shower/WC. Bunk bedded room and double-bedded room (king-size) share an en-suite bathroom with over bath shower/WC, etc.
• Second floor - Attic bedroom with king-size double bed and en-suite shower/WC
Dove Cote - sleeps 4 + cot.
• Has direct access to the pool via a connecting door. It boasts a modern fitted kitchen with dining area
• First floor - a spacious sitting room and two bedrooms. The bathroom/WC has an over-bath shower
The Card house - Sleeps 6 +cot
The upstairs accommodation comprises 3 bedrooms, including one kings size and one double both with en suite shower rooms and one twin bedroom (zip and link to create a super king) served by the family bathroom.The downstairs space comprises a comfortable open plan yet cosy living room, dining area and fully equipped kitchen, all arranged around the central chimney, which is equipped with a log burner that benefits from the Hall’s log supply.
SNOWDROPS AT HOPTON HALL
5 Acres of woodland covered with snowdrops in a completely natural setting
Open every day from Saturday 31st January to Sunday 1st March 2015.
£4.00 per person (children up to 16 years are free)
Rivalling some of the best snowdrop gardens in the country.
Our paths are mainly hard surfaced but please wear appropriate footwear - unfortunately wheelchairs may experience some difficulty in certain parts of the garden, please ring us for more details. We regret that we cannot accept dogs in the grounds except guide dogs.
30th June 2015 Thanks to the glorious sunshine the roses are looking beautiful
Hopton Hall, dating back to 1414, lies on the edge of the White Peak National Park.
Spencer our Manager, has virtually restored the formal gardens and created many new and interesting features including the 1 acre walled garden in which we have planted over 2000 roses in 40 individual beds surrounded by 5000 neatly trimmed box plants. Follow the 2 km of meandering paths along the croquet lawn & rosewalk, around 2 ornamental ponds leading to the wildlife lake, Arboretum, Laburnum tunnel, Birch Avenue and more, creating a wonderful Summer Spectacular with visual surprises at each corner.
- Open every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 16th June until 27th August 2015
- 10.30am with last admittance at 4.00pm
- Admissions £4.00 per person
- Parking and children up to 16 free
- Light refreshments.
- Please wear appropriate footwear
- Wheelchairs will experience some difficulty
- We regret we cannot accept dogs except guide dogs
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top