Merman Farm - Tideswell
BOOKINGS NOW BEING TAKEN FOR 2017 .
Sleeping up to 11 in 5 bedrooms, 3 ensuite, Aga, open fire, pet friendly. Merman Farm, Tideswell is in the heart of the Peak District. A traditional stone built former farmhouse in a quite location, a few minutes walk from the centre of the village, one of the oldest settlements in the central Peak District.
Fully restored by the owner, Merman Farm offers quality accommodation of real character and charm and seamlessly combines many original features with modern design and home comforts.
There is a French oak kitchen with feature brick fireplace with built-in Aga, a spacious sitting room with woodburning stove and large flat screen TV, and a small patio area, ideal for sitting out. A spacious, enclosed lawn area is 25m away, adjoining a one-acre paddock for exercising your dog, while the delights of Tideswell are close by. Enjoy excellent walking in the area or visit the nearby spa town of Buxton. A wonderful holiday location.
Accommodation in detail:
- Five bedrooms:
- 1 x super kingsize double (zip/link - can be twin on request) with ensuite (shower, basin & WC).
- 1 x double with ensuite (shower, basin & WC).
- 1 x double.
- 1 x twin (2' 6' wide singles) with ensuite (shower, basin & WC).
- 1 x twin with additional pull out stacker bed (on request for child under 16) or
- 1 x single bed in Attic room with two velux windows.
- Main bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin & WC.
- Ground floor basin, WC & shower for washing dogs.
- Free standing kitchen with Aga & adjoining utility room and snug.
- Dining room (seats 10).
- Sitting room (seats 10) with woodburner stove.
- Attic room is also a games area with board games & built-in washing machine.
- Full gas central heating, woodburning stove in sitting room.
- Gas fired Aga, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher
- 5 x colour TVs with 42" flat screen TV in sitting room with Sky movies & Sports, DVD and CD.
- Free Wireless Broadband
- Fuel, power & initial supply of logs for woodburner inc. in rent.
- Bed linen inc. in rent. 2 Cots & 2 highchairs avaliable on request.
- Off road parking for 5 cars. Lockable bike storage.
- Patio with furniture & BBQ, separate enclosed lawned area 25m from cottage, adjoining one-acre paddock for exercising your dog and outdoor activities.
- 2 well behaved pets welcome.
- Sorry no smoking.
- Shops & pubs 4 mins walk.
Please ring 0797 868 437 for other alternatives or e-mail .
- No Booking Fee.
- No charge for dogs.
- Weekly Rental Period Friday - Friday.
- Weekend and Mid Week Short Breaks Available
The village of Tideswell stands in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Famous for its fine church dedicated to St John the Baptist, known as "The Cathedral of the Peaks", the village is also noted for its well dressing and carnival wakes.
There is excellent walking and outdoor pursuits including cycling and climbing close by, with rugged peaks to the north, gentle hills and dales to the south and Millers Dale just outside the village. Mam Tor, Castleton, Chatsworth and Bakewell are only a few miles away and the popular spa town of Buxton is within a 15 minute drive.
Tideswell has many fine country inns and excellent restaurants, a chemist, butchers, co-op, fruit shop, bakers and much more.
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top