Rowdale - Ashford-in-the-Water - Bakewell
Rowdale Cottages, located in the heart of the Peak Park just 2 miles from Bakewell and Chatsworth, are approached along a sweeping driveway flanked by fields. The four charming, stone cottages are in a traditional farm setting, each with individual features and character.
With direct access to public footpaths from the cottages, this is a perfect base for exploring the surrounding countryside, visiting nearby places of interest and enjoying the many activities available in the national park. There are excellent stores in the nearby villages, four pubs, two cafés and restaurant within a mile.
In the fields surrounding the cottages there are cattle, sheep, ponies, free range hens and an abundance of wildlife. Short breaks are available and pets are welcome by prior arrangement.
· 2 Miles from Bakewell, Chatsworth House, Monsal Dale
· Central heating in all cottages, 3 with log burning stove
· Sleeps 2-16 in four cottages, ideal for groups
· Dishwashers, microwaves, free view TV
· Private parking for each cottage
· Well behaved dogs welcome
· Pretty grounds and fenced garden area with picnic tables
The Byre, sleeps 2-3
• The light and airy barn conversion has a southerly aspect with open views, a cosy romantic hideaway with galleried bedroom, log burner and stone flagged floor.
The Coach House, sleeps 4-5
• This spacious conversion with two ensuite bedrooms features the original arched coach entrance providing southerly views across the valley.
• On the first floor the generous double and king bedrooms have vaulted ceilings with exposed beams and dual aspect to the front/rear overlooking fields.
The Old Dairy, sleeps 5+
• The light and spacious barn conversion has a southerly aspect and is predominantly on one level with a very large, stone flagged open plan living area with log burner.
• The comfortably furnished lounge area features a high apex ceiling with exposed timbers and views towards the Crackendale Valley.
• Double ensuite, twin room and family shower room
Dale Cottage, sleeps 4-5
• This spacious cottage is full of character and has a southerly aspect with a pretty outlook from all rooms, features gritstone fireplaces, exposed beams and stone mullioned leaded windows.
• The stone flagged dining hall features an imposing staircase leading to a galleried landing. Private enclosed cottage garden with picnic bench.
• Double bedroom ensuite, king bedroom and family bathroom.
Please visit our website for further information and pictures
Contact: Steven Kay
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top