Torside - Castleton
Torside is a new family run holiday cottage in the beautiful village of Castleton (Hope Valley). It sleeps 4 (+2) in a double master bedroom, twin bedroom and a sofa bed. The cottage has been renovated using traditional building conservation methods and is fully equipped with all modern conveniences.
TORSIDE LOCATION AND NATURAL HISTORY
Torside is tucked away in the stunning and 'other worldly' Peak Cavern Gorge, which is a popular film set location due to the immediately dramatic scenery. Nonetheless, it is a peaceful corner of Castleton, within walking distance of all village amenities. Wildlife enthusiasts might see several species of bat flitting about, trout in Peakshole Water and hear Tawny Owls calling in Spring. The nearby Peak Cavern is a Jackdaw roost, which can provide wonderful entertainment on a warm Summer's evening. Torside is the nearest dwelling to Peak Cavern, which has the largest land based cave entrance in the British Isles and is also a SSSI. The cavern was home to one of Britain's last troglodyte communities until 1915.
Castleton is well-equipped for visitors. There are 6 pubs, restaurants and tea rooms, 4 show caverns (and events therein), Blue-John Jewellery shops, Peveril Castle, Ancient Garland Ceremony, Christmas lights, Winnats Pass, geology galore (e.g. Mam Tor landslip), walker's paradise, post office, village store and an informative Visitor's Centre.
Torside was our family home for 12 years. It is a beautiful stone built vernacular cottage set in its own garden and decorated to English Heritage standards comprising:
- A spacious master double bedroom.
- Second bedroom with a 3/4 bed and a single country bed.
- Bathroom with over-bath shower.
- Fully equipped kitchen with all modern appliances including double electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer etc.
- Cosy living room with imposing open fire (composed of fossiliferous limestone), a double sofa bed, colour TV and DVD player.
- Free internet access available.
- Radio and CD player.
- Cot and high chair available on request.
- Duvet, linen and towels provided.
- Gas-fired central heating and power included.
- Large shed to store bikes etc.
- Parking available next to cottage or in resident's car park with a pass.
- Sorry no pets.
- No smoking inside the house.
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top