Wheeldon Trees Farm Holiday Cottages - Earl Sterndale, Buxton
Nine 4* cottages, each sleeping between 1 and 5 (30 in total) with communal dining and games room. Guest, child, dog and eco-friendly accommodation.
Wheeldon Trees Farm is a highly-desirable collection of nine stone-built cottages in a secluded valley location, perfect for couples, families or groups of friends looking to enjoy the spectacular Peak District. With easy access to local attractions, walks and historic houses, the flexible accommodation is finished to a high standard and an ideal venue for country holidays and short breaks. Friendly owners Deborah and Martin, who live onsite, are on hand to welcome you to Derbyshire and ensure you have everything you need for a memorable Peak District stay.
• Self-contained cottages sleep between 1 and 5 people
• Interiors finished to very high standard
• Modern comforts include under floor heating, pocket-sprung mattresses and memory-foam toppers
• All cottages have open-plan living rooms with TVs, DVD, iPod dock and CD player
• Children and babies welcome; cots and high chairs available
• No hidden extras - electricity, hot water, linen and towels plus use of laundry room all included in rate
• Sheldon cottage is one-storey and wheelchair accessible; certified to M2 standard
• Flexible dates and short breaks
• Large family ‘Long Room’ with table football, pool-table, DVD library
• Communal kitchen for shared cooking and dining
• Gourmet prepared meals and eggs from owners’ free-roaming hens are available
• Dogs are very welcome
• Self-guided walks from the door
• Complimentary use of electric bikes
• Wheeldon Trees Farm is set in a peaceful location down a quiet lane in stunning Derbyshire countryside
• Ten minutes drive from beautiful spa town Buxton with its annual arts festival
• On bus route to Ashbourne and Buxton – free to guests
Local facilities and activities
• Within an hour’s drive of some of the Peak District’s best country houses such as Chatsworth, Hardwick, Haddon and Bolsover Castle
• Doorstep access to cycling routes and dedicated walking trails
• Local activity centre offers rock climbing ,guided walks, caving, trekking, canoeing, kayaking, archery
• Peak District walks - from gentle stroll to challenging hike
• Alton Towers and Gulliver’s Kingdom easily accessible
• Easy access to local pubs and nearby village fish and chip shop
• Local caterers available to book
• Peak District Environmental Quality Mark
• Green Tourism Business Scheme ‘gold’ accreditation.
Wheeldon Trees Farm nestles in 12 acres of open pasture in a stunning valley location close to the picturesque towns of Bakewell and Buxton and is the perfect all-round holiday accommodation for short or long breaks in the Peak District.
The flexible accommodation consists of nine superbly comfortable limestone cottages carved out from an 18th century barn and hayloft and sleeping between one and five.
Combining country charm with the latest in cutting edge technology the cottages’ hot water and heating are supplied via ground source heat pumps making the best use of the latest in low-carbon and engineering.
Most cottages have individual patios with garden furniture and stunning views over the breathtaking Peak District moors and valleys.
Wheeldon Trees Farm is the perfect accommodation for couples, families and large or small groups looking to enjoy the wonderful Peak District with all it has to offer.
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top