Peak District Group Accommodation - St. Michaels Environmental Education Centre - Hathersage
Family friendly accommodation in the heart of the Peak District providing an excellent base from which to explore or simply unwind. Comfortable and spacious accommodation, ideal for groups of friends or for a family get together. Suitable for a range of uses for both young people and adults. Situated in Hathersage close to local shops and restaurants with good links to bus and train services.
Group Accommodation consists of
· Large open plan kitchen/diner
· Comfortable lounge area
· Fully equipped kitchen including dishwashers
· 7 bedrooms sleeping between 2 and 10
· Annexed accommodation sleeping up to 5/6
· Classroom/Activity room
· Boot and Waterproof store
· Drying room
· Secure parking
· Secure playground
· Two communal shower/toilet facilities
· Disabled shower/toilet facilities
· Wheelchair access
St Michael’s main centre offers high quality accommodation for up to 38 people in dormitories sleeping between 2 - 10 people. There is a large TV, DVD player and music system in the lounge area as well as a fold down table tennis table and pc’s. Games, books and DVDs, primarily aimed at children under 11, are available. Wi-fi access.
The annexed accommodation, St Michael’s cottage, sleeps 4-6 people in a double room, a twin room and a double bed settee. It has its own bathroom and fully equipped kitchen area with fridge, cooker and microwave. There is a comfortable lounge/diner with access to a garden, TV and DVD player. Cars can be parked within the grounds of the main centre.
The accommodation units are available separately with each group having sole use of their centre or as one booking. All linen is provided. Self-catering and fully catered options are available. Equipment eg boots and waterproofs are available for hire.
· Walking - Hathersage is known locally as the ‘walkers village’ and is a convenient starting point for many footpaths and trails into the surrounding area. Walks from the door lead up to Stanage Edge providing stunning views into the valley and across the moors. Less demanding routes through fields and woodlands lead towards Grindleford and Padley with river walks towards Bamford or Hope.
· Swimming – Hathersage has an open air swimming pool which opens seasonally
· Tourist Attractions – Speedwell Cavern at Castleton, The Pavillion and Spa town of Buxton, the Heights of Abraham at Matlock and the Derwent Dams are a short drive away
· Historical sites such as Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Eyam (the plague village) are close by
· Market Towns such as Bakewell and Chesterfield are popular shopping venues.
Adventurous Activities Locally
- gorge walking
- rock hopping
St Michael's is primarily an Environmental Education centre offering a residential experience for children. Although specifically resourced for Key Stage 2 pupils, bookings are welcome from years 2-6 and a wider age range from special schools.
Teachers/Leaders are guided in their choice of a balanced programme using the curriculum modules available at the centre. Pupils are offered many learning opportunities including
· working with maps
· stream studies
· practical conservation
· using field evidence and artefacts to interpret the past
· developing positive attitudes to the environment as a whole.
Outdoor qualified and experienced teaching support is provided.
Available all year round for week/weekend bookings. Please phone 01433 650309 for current availability.
Tariff from 1 April to 21 March 2017
Usually there is a minimum booking period of 2 nights
St Michael’s - main centre £20.60 per person per night with a minimum charge of £412 per night, includes linen, self-catering
St Michael’s Cottage
Per week between £290 to £390
Per night £70 to £82
Both include linen
Instructional Support £250 - £280 per day for a group of up to 12 people
Hire of boots and equipment £5 pppd
Catering options are available at extra cost, please ask for details
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top