GUIDED WALKING AND CLIMBING HOLIDAYS
Outdoor Scene Adventures has a vast amount of experience – experiences for you to enjoy and years of experience to give you confidence to venture into the great outdoors. The Company is run by Mick and his son Andy. Mick is a qualified Mountain Leader and Andy is SPA qualified for climbing and a kayak instructor, all leaders hold first aid certificates and are committed to your enjoyment and safety.
The company is based in Derby and have the Peak District on their doorstep where they offer day walks, weekend activities and climbing. Further afield they offer walking holidays on some of the best national trails in Britain, from the Scottish Borders to the Isle of Wight, they cater for individuals and groups or can tailor the holiday to your requirements or ability.
All their holidays are guided
Guided walking in the Peak District from a short stroll in the White Peak to the top of Kinder Scout in the Dark Peak, from pretty villages to Chatsworth House, rivers, dales, scenery and history all you need for a memorable break.
Alongside Walking Trips the company offer special interest walks.....
• EXPLORING AIRCRAFT WRECKS
• A full day walk in the Dark Peak around the top of Bleaklow to explore the sites of three of the most spectacular aircraft wrecks. The first a Canadian Airforce Skytrain the second a Lancaster and the third a USAF Superfortress, all on open exposed ground.
• ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY
• A weekend break to learn or improve your skills with water colours, sketching or digital photography, based at the tranquil Ashe Hall with a day in the Peak District, the emphasis is on beautiful scenery and a peaceful & relaxing environment. You will need your own equipment and inspiration we will supply the rest.
• GUIDED BOATING ON THE THAMES
• MULTI ACTIVITY WEEKENDS
• Go and enjoy the Peak District climbing playground, we have the best rock in the country with classic areas including Stanage, Froggatt and Burbage edges, we have full and half day / evening sessions, if the weather is bad we have indoor sites as well.
• TRIPS FOR YOUR GROUP OR PARTY
• WILD CAMPING WEEKENDS
• SCRAMBLING, CLIMBING & WEASELING
FULL DAY A venue to suit your ability, learn to belay, tie essential knots, use a guide book, top roping and abseiling, care of equipment and different climbing techniques. Min group size of 4
HALF DAY Four hour either morning or afternoon to practice climbing and belay techniques, top a few routes and interpret guide books. Min group size of 4
EVENING Dependant on daylight, for anyone with little time to spare or wanting to transfer from indoor walls to the real thing. Min group size of 4
INDIVIDUAL One to one for a full day, choose the rock and improve your grades, to cover Belay, abseil, knots, guide books, equipment and climbing techniques.
GROUP Day sessions for up to 8 people, parties, family or work groups, taster, team building or improvers.
TOURS Whatever your ability the Peak District has rock to test you, we will tailor your break to make the best use of your time, you can have tuition or we will just get you there and back, even carry your kit for you and sort your accommodation.
METAL DETECTING Your chance to experience the art of metal detecting, including the hire if the detectors, you never know what you might find buried just below the surface, working in pairs to learn how to search, expose, care for and clean the treasure.
WEASELING Sometimes called caving for claustrophobics this fun day involves being a child again and trying to squeeze through holes and gaps, going under and over rocks and getting dirty.
SCRAMBLING The art of moving over steep ground with the use of your hands as well as your feet on exposed area's up to the edge of climbing, no ropes or technical gear required.
WILD CAMPING Weekend trips to north Wales where you carry all you need for a couple of nights out in the wilds with peace and quiet and no traffic, transport can be arranged for drop off and pick up
SUNSET / SUNRISE An experience of a light weight overnight stay on Mount Snowdon or one of the other Welsh peaks, with a bivi bag, sleeping bag and warm clothing to see a sunset and wake for the sunrise.
ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY Come and explore your hidden talents with a paint brush or a camera, a weekend spent in the tranquil setting of Ashe Hall, home of the Tara Buddhist Centre, with a full day at a Peak District location including transport, bed & vegetarian breakfasts, a packed lunch, vegetarian lunch and the guidance of a local artist. You will need either a digital camera or acrylic or watercolour paints and paper, we supply the settings.
This blog was brought to you by Outdoor Scene Adventures