The Plough Inn at Hathersage
This privately owned 16th century Hotel is very tastefully decorated and spacious. Set in 9 acres of its own land in idyllic surroundings on the banks of the River Derwent, in the heart of the Peak District, Derbyshire.
The family has built up a strong reputation over the 20 years here and you will be greeted with a warm and friendly welcome from your hosts Bob, Cynthia and Elliott Emery.
The Inn is situated in 9 acres of its own land set in idyllic surroundings on the banks of the River Derwent, in the heart of the Peak District, Derbyshire.
Bamford – 2.3 miles/Grindleford – 2.7 miles/Hope – 4 miles/Bradwell – 4.5 miles
Castleton – 5 miles/Chatsworth – 8.5 miles/Bakewell – 10 miles
The restaurant offers the ideal environment in which to dine and relax in an informal atmosphere. Alternatively you can relax and take a meal in their cosy bar complete with real log fires. They serve hand pulled ales and a large range of fine wines from around the world. A sample menu is listed below.
The Inn has nine rooms and sleeps up to 20 guests.
All the rooms offer tasteful and comfortable en suite accommodation.
They offer three double bedrooms (with en suite shower, flat screen tv's, Tea/coffee making facilities and hairdryers),
There are two newly converted luxury bedrooms across the cobbled courtyard in September Cottage (with full bathroom, video, Hi-Fi, and sitting area),
Now their newly converted chuckery (a beautiful new ground floor room).
Restored using local materials, leaving exposed beams and brickwork, they offer every comfort that discerning guests would expect.
Standard single £70.00 - double £95.00
Large single £70.00 - double £100.00
Deluxe single £90.00 - double £130.0
They do not apply single rates to weekend bookings (Friday and Saturday).
See the website for details of hosting your wedding at this Hotel
• Homemade soup of the day
• Wild Mushroom Potato cake with Black Pudding, seared Foie Gras and a Peppercorn sauce
• Warm salad of Pigeon Breast and Chestnuts with a Sherry glaze
• Flash-fried Squid with risotto nero
• Seared gravadlax with a Potato and Pancetta salad with sweet Mustard
• Toasted English muffin with Smoked Salmon, poached Egg and Chive crème fraîche
• Flash-fried Whitebait with a Lime and Coriander mayonnaise
• Shallot tart tatin with baked Goats cheese and salad of char-grilled vegetables
• Roast of the day served with all the trimmings
• Char-grilled Aberdeen Angus, Rib Eye steak with baked field mushroom, tomato, hand cut chips and our own recipe ketchup
• Paul Bowyers Pork Sausage with mashed potato, red onion marmalade, Garden Peas and a Red Wine jus
• Seared Lambs Liver with crisp Pancetta, Champ Potato, French Beans and jus
• Beef and Guinness pie with a choice of roast, mash, new potatoes or fries
• Braised Shin of Beef with a Parsnip gratin, Button Mushrooms and Bacon in a jus
• Slow roast Pork Belly and confit shoulder with fondant Potato and Honey roast Quince
• Breast of Corn-fed Chicken stuffed with a Stilton mousse and served with Dauphinoise Potato, Spinach and Port
• Braised red Cabbage
• Panache of vegetables
• Hand cut chips
• Mixed salad
• Rocket and Parmesan salad
• Fish of the day
• (Ask your waiter for details)
• Halibut poached in Red Wine with braised Baby Gem, New Potatoes and Horseradish cream
• Fillet of Cod with Puy Lentils, Jerusalem Artichoke and a Walnut and Caper dressing
• Fillet of Cod, in real ale batter, with a choice of hand cut chips or fries and Garden or homemade Mushy Peas
• Farinaceous Dishes
• Tagliatelle with King Prawn’s, sautéed with Chilli, Garlic, Lemon and Parsley
• Linguini with Chicken, Parma Ham, Capers and Parmesan
• Red Wine risotto with grilled Radicchio and glazed Taleggio Strozzapreti Pasta with root vegetables in a Parmesan cream
• Lasagna Bolognaise served with fries or a side salad
• Available daily until 3pm
• Home cooked ham
• Prawn and avocado with Marie Rose sauce
• All the above sandwiches are served on white or wholemeal bread with salad and crisps. Or have it on a white baguette
• The Plough Club Sandwich
• Smoked chicken, bacon, egg, tomato, lettuce and mayonnaise layered between three slices of white or brown toast
• Breakfast Cob
• Bacon, sausage, black pudding, mushroom and fried egg with a pot of homemade ketchup
• Toasted ham and cheese sandwich with sweet pickle, crisps and salad
• Char-grilled chicken, goats cheese, spinach and red onion Panini with chips and salad
• Artichoke, tomato, mozzarella and pesto Panini with rocket and parmesan salad
Roast of the day Sandwich
• Hot roasted meat of the day on a white bread cake with roast potatoes and gravy
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top