Peak District Pub Accommodation - The Red Lion Hotel - Wirksworth
The Red Lion Hotel is an old Coaching Inn dating back to medieval times and was rebuilt in 1770. It offers a traditional warm Derbyshire welcome with good food, fine ales and wines.
The Red Lion Hotel, one of Wirksworth’s most famous landmarks, and commands a fantastic location in the heart of this beautiful town.
The Red Lion Hotel in Wirksworth, near Matlock, is the perfect place to relax on your escape to the Peak District. Their hotel rooms have been stylishly decorated and equipped with all you need to unwind after a hard day’s exploring.
All rooms at The Red Lion Hotel are equipped to a high standard, with:
• Firm Single or Double Bed
• Ample Sheets & Pillows
• Free Wireless Internet Access
• Digital Television with FreeView
• En Suite Bathroom with Shower
• Ample Towels
• Complimentary Toiletries
• Hot Drink Making Facilities
• Bottled Water
Wine & Dine
Whether you're just passing or staying a little longer, their breakfast, lunch and dinner menus offer something for everyone, from traditional pub food to innovative gourmet evening experiences.
The perfect place to gather
With a selection of function packages to suit various capacities and budgets, The Red Lion Hotel is perfect for any function
For Functions & Parties in Wirksworth
Look no further than The Red Lion Hotel...
When it comes to planning a special occasion, it can all be a bit daunting. At The Red Lion Hotel, they will appreciate this, so use their vast experience in organising parties, ceremonies and functions to ensure that everything runs smoothly, and you can concentrate on having a great time.
The Red Lion Hotel's main Function Room will comfortably accommodate up to 150 guests, with a number of seating options available. For smaller gatherings that still need privacy, The Red Lion Hotel has a second bar, available for private hire for up to 50 guests.
Beers & Guest Ales
An impressive collection of permanent and guest ales The Red Lion Hotel serves a changing array of national and local beers with Marston’s Pedigree always available. Old favorites’ include London Pride and Bass to less well-known (but certainly not less tasty!) guest ales which vary regularly.
More on the LOCATION of The Red Lion Hotel...
This hotel is ideally situated for all parts of the Peak District especially...Matlock, Matlock Bath, Bakewell, Buxton, Ashbourne, alongside easy reach to Cromford – 2 miles/Matlock Bath – 3 miles/Ashbourne – 9 miles/Bakewell 12 miles/Chatsworth 11 miles
• Chatsworth House
• The High Peak Trail/The Tissington Trail/The Derwent Valley
• Poole’s Cavern
• Cromford Canal/Arkwright’s Mills
• Alton Towers/Gulliver’s Theme Park/The Heights of Abraham
• Carsington Water
• Tissington Hall/ Haddon Hall
• The National Tramway Museum at Crich
• Masson Mills Shopping Village
• Wirksworth Heritage Centre and Ecclesbourne Valley Railway
• Gulliver’s Kingdom and Peak rail Steam railway
• National Trust: Calke Abbey, Hardwick Hall, Kedleston Hall
• English Heritage: Bolsover Castle, Hardwick Old Hall, Peveril Castle, Castleton
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top