Peak District Self Catering - Callow Barn - Hathersage
Callow Barn offers accommodation that sleeps 8 people and is situated in a perfect setting overlooking the village of Hathersage, with magnificent views of Stanage Edge, Burbage Rocks and the Hope Valley.
The conversion of these 19 th century barns was completed in 1999, creating a luxurious 4 bedroomed home combining modern and traditional features. The property is now available for holiday letting as the owners are currently working away from the area.
The barn is situated in a private, mature garden of approximately one third of an acre. The asphalt and cobbled yard area allows easy turning and parking for up to 5 vehicles. A further field of one acre is situated below the property.
The property is approximately one mile from the village of Hathersage, which offers excellent shopping facilities, several restaurants and pubs as well as a heated outdoor swimming pool (summer only).
Hathersage lies in the heart of the Peak District National Park, just 30 minutes drive from Sheffield and the M1 and 80 minutes drive from Manchester airport.
There are many popular tourist attractions in the nearby area, such as Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, the Blue John mines at Castleton, and the once plagued village of Eyam.
Surrounded by outstanding countryside, there are, of course, numerous excellent walks, with three footpaths within 50 yards of the barns.
While retaining the original features of the building the property is now fitted with full insulation, double-glazing with draught sealed windows, oil-fired central heating and a central ventilation system. Water to the building is supplied from a private spring. The water is filtered and u/v treated to ensure purity.
Here are some of the other main features to the property:
• Entrance lobby with drying area for coats and boots
• Large farmhouse style kitchen with electric range cooker and induction hob.
• Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, and freezer.
• Hallway with staircase to king size bedroom with en-suite bathroom
• Hallway to open plan dining hall
• Comfortable sitting room with large gritstone fireplace and wood burning stove (Log store to rear of property) – TV – DVD player.
• Single Bedroom downstairs
• Downstairs Cloakroom (WC)
• Second staircase to galleried landing
• Large king size bedroom with en-suite shower room
• Single bedroom
• Double bedroom
• Family bathroom with shower attachment to bath
• Sensor-operated exterior lights are fitted.
• Garden furniture and a barbeque are provided for your use.
• Free BT Wireless broadband connection
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top