Peak District Self Catering - Callow Barn - Hathersage
Callow Barn offers accommodation that sleeps 8 people and is situated in a perfect setting overlooking the village of Hathersage, with magnificent views of Stanage Edge, Burbage Rocks and the Hope Valley.
The conversion of these 19 th century barns was completed in 1999, creating a luxurious 4 bedroomed home combining modern and traditional features. The property is now available for holiday letting as the owners are currently working away from the area.
The barn is situated in a private, mature garden of approximately one third of an acre. The asphalt and cobbled yard area allows easy turning and parking for up to 5 vehicles. A further field of one acre is situated below the property.
The property is approximately one mile from the village of Hathersage, which offers excellent shopping facilities, several restaurants and pubs as well as a heated outdoor swimming pool (summer only).
Hathersage lies in the heart of the Peak District National Park, just 30 minutes drive from Sheffield and the M1 and 80 minutes drive from Manchester airport.
There are many popular tourist attractions in the nearby area, such as Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, the Blue John mines at Castleton, and the once plagued village of Eyam.
Surrounded by outstanding countryside, there are, of course, numerous excellent walks, with three footpaths within 50 yards of the barns.
While retaining the original features of the building the property is now fitted with full insulation, double-glazing with draught sealed windows, oil-fired central heating and a central ventilation system. Water to the building is supplied from a private spring. The water is filtered and u/v treated to ensure purity.
- 2 kingsize bedrooms with ensuite, 1 double bedroom, 2 single bedrooms.
- Large well equipped farmhouse kitchen with dishwasher, American style fridge freezer, modern electric range cooker with induction hob
- Large dining room (seats eight) with original arched window.
- Comfortable lounge with large gritstone fireplace and wood burning stove - TV with Now TV entertainments package
- Single bedroom (downstairs) has an adjacent toilet.
- Water supplied from a private spring, filtered and u/v treated to ensure purity
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble drier
- Oil-fired central heating, full insulation, double glazing with draught sealed windows, and a central ventilation system throughout
- Entrance lobby with drying area for coats and boots
- Large family bathroom with hand held shower attachment to bath
- Large private garden with gas-fired barbeque, log store and garden furniture, plus one acre field below property
- Asphalt and cobbled yard area allowing easy turning and parking for up to 5 vehicles
INCLUDED IN RENTAL
- Wood for the wood burning stove in the sitting room
- Oil and electricity
- NOW TV package
- Free Wireless Broadband
- Bed linen, duvets and towels
- Welcome pack and essential household items
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top