The Music Mill - Hathersage
"The Music Mill was just stunning. One of the best holiday cottages I have ever rented" Jason, July.
An intriguing location for the first record player needle factory in the UK, hidden in the Derbyshire hills, by a stream at the edge of Hathersage village. The Mill keeps its Victorian, industrial appearance on the outside but now with contemporary comfort and decadent design on the inside.
The indulgence you need after experiencing the Peak District outdoor activities and adventures on your doorstep. The Mill wows you as you enter, through the old workers entrance, into the stunning open plan living area. Enjoy the cavernous, sociable space; cook a feast for friends, catch up in front of the fire or relax awhile in the originally styled bathroom all with a fantastic music system for accompaniment of course.
Just a short walk from Hathersage village centre, close to Edale, in the heart of the Peak District in the Hope Valley The Mill is a great base for an active family holiday, a special place for a celebration or an unusual house to use for a luxurious group get together.
The Mill was chosen as one of The Guardian’s “Ten great new UK holidays for 2011″
English heritage hidden in the hills...
Inside The Mill
• Enter into a fantastic open plan living area with stunning ornate lights changing the colours and enhancing the theatrical architecture of the room throughout the day and into evening.
• The kitchen has all of the equipment and plenty of space for several chefs to cook a feast for all to enjoy at the enormous dining table.
• If the weather is not kind, or you prefer to stay indoors, you can entertain yourselves with all the mod-cons available, including the Playstation or continue the musical theme and fill the space with sound from the Fatman Ipod docking station.
• While away hours around the dining table or chatting around a roaring fire from the log burner.
• Three individual and cosy double bedrooms each equally appealing; the largest has an indulgent, quintessential claw foot bath & view of the fields, the second has an additional single bed and the third is the cosiest hidden at the top of the wrought iron spiral staircase which was salvaged from St. Pancras Train station.
• Even in the bathroom you are literally surrounded by music in the form of some very interesting and artistic decoration!
Outside The Mill
• Though there are other houses and the railway bridge nearby this is a peaceful location at the edge of Hathersage village and the dominant sound is that of the stream and the birds.
• There is a sheltered and private patio to the side of the house with a view across the fields to the hills in the distance, perfect for alfresco dining.
• Quiet, village location means that it is just a short walk to the great eating places and facilities in Hathersage or walk straight out across the fields into the hills.
The Things you need to know...
The Mill is, as it sounds, an old Mill, beautifully converted into a wonderful and indulgent living space but its industrial appearance remains on the outside.
At the edge of the village of Hathersage there are other houses nearby which you walk past to get to the village itself. The windows of the Mill look out across the fields and the patio is screened from Mill house.
Running through the centre of Hathersage, as through most of the nearby villages, is a train line which brings many of the outdoor enthusiasts to the area. The viaduct that carries the train line can be seen in the images of The Mill.
Mobile phone reception is good at The Mill. Free Wifi
Pets are welcome at The Mill for a small additional charge.
Luxury living in walking country...
The Mill Location
• Peak District walking with a unique home to stay in around 3 hours from London: 163 miles.
• Luxury holiday home with wonderful walking just 1 hour from Manchester: 31.7 miles
• On the edge of walking centre of Hathersage in the Peak District
• The Peak District hills and Lady Bower Reservoir are on your doorstep.
Things to do near The Mill...
Out and about near The Mill, our favourites…
• Walk straight from the door over Stanage Edge and visit Little John’s grave in the churchyard in Hathersage on the way back.
• Take a dip in the Hathersage open air pool, open from 28th May-2nd September.
• Discover the heart of the Peak District with challenging walks on Mam Tor or the Edale circuit or simply admire the breathtaking scenery on a drive through the Hope valley.
• With the many ridges nearby it is the perfect place to try rock climbing.
• Enjoy a wholesome meal from fresh, local ingredients at the George, just down the lane in Hathersage (0.2 miles)
• Stock up on local produce at the local delicatessen and Butchers just around the corner
• Explore Blue John Cavern, at Castleton, home to the rarest mineral in Britain and a series of stunning caverns. (7.7miles)
Call or email us to find out more
When contacting this business please mention you found them on Peak District Online
Back to Top