Accommodation Categories: Barn, Camping and Caravanning, Farms and Self CateringAccommodation Tags: Ashbourne, Child Friendly, Countryside Views, Garden, Groups Welcome, Muddy Boots Friendly, Near Alton Towers, Near The Dovedale Trail, Outdoor Seating, Pub within 1 Mile and Swinscoe
Common End farm is set in 20 acres of pastureland and surrounded by the beautiful scenery of the Peak District. It provides a quiet and rural location and an ideal base from which visitors, walkers and cyclists can explore the surrounding area, villages and attractions. Its central location means that everyone can reach us easily whichever end of the country they are travelling from.
The historic market town of Ashbourne is 3 miles to the east. Alton Towers is 5 miles to the west. The Tissington and Manifold cycle trails are within 3 miles with Dovedale only a 2 mile walk using the network of public footpaths which run adjacent to the site. The village pub is within walking distance and offers an extensive food and drink menu catering for all ages.
The camping field is located to the rear of the barn and farmhouse overlooking surrounding fields and with some views reaching across to Thorpe Cloud and Dovedale. With electric hookups available and separate male and female toilet and shower facilities you can enjoy the delights of the outdoors with a few essential comforts and facilities.
Facilities on site:
- 30 pitches plus a rally field with wonderful views
- 8 grass (10amp), 3 hardstanding (10amp) and 8 (6amp) electric hook-up points available
- Drinking water tap
- Chemical toilet disposal point (we only accept green fluid – available to purchase on arrival)
- Refuse & recycling bins
- Pot washing area incl. freezer for ice packs (no charge)
- Sympathetically converted traditional stone barn housing modern ladies and gents toilets and showers, and new for 2018 new unisex showers
- Hairdryer and toothbrush/shaver charger point provided in the mens and ladies
- 28 day pitch stays available
- Fire Pits for hire
- Log Nets available to buy
* there is no additional charge for showers or hot water in the pot washing area
The site is open from Easter to October.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.Address: Common End Farm, Swinscoe, Ashbourne, Derbyshire
United KingdomTelephone: 01335 210352
- Child Friendly
- Countryside Views
- Groups Welcome
- Muddy Boots Friendly
- Pub within 1 Mile